Out of the Crisis.Org Forum Index Out of the Crisis.Org
Applying W. Edwards Deming to Small Business Management

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here is a simple tip to learn advertising.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Out of the Crisis.Org Forum Index -> Advertising Secrets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louis Altazan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Here is a simple tip to learn advertising. Reply with quote

Bud wrote:
Study the direct mail you receive every day.

Hi Bud,

This is one of the best ideas I have ever heard. And best of all, it's free! In our last survey over 50% said direct mail and newsletters were their primary source of advertising. This seems like a pretty good place to learn the ropes.

Thanks Bud

Bud

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. These ideas, straight from business school, are foreign and alien to shop owners. Everybody, well almost everybody, has the wrong impression that advertising must entice, fool, trick, entertain or in some way bamboozle the public into buying something they don't want. Sort of like magic.

But every good tech I know doesn't do any of that to their customers, and they don't have to. The public doesn't want to be bamboolzed, thay just want to be helped.

Newsletters are too expensive for my taste. I like postcards and simple newspaper ads. Cheap things. Like Mercedes Benz and Zales did. Cheap, but effective.

My next post is on the ten most powerful words in advertising, and it's not from Google either. Guess where it's from?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Out of the Crisis.Org Forum Index -> Advertising Secrets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: